Soitsfun! is a free service for communication of social, dance and recreational opportunity for people of all ages in their community. It is for both self-expression, rebuilding social and freedom of speech in promoting enjoyable community activities. We believe that Soitsfun! increases the availability of information, encourages healthy debate and makes possible new connections between people in each community.
We respect our users' ownership of and responsibility for the content they choose to share. It is our belief that censoring this content is contrary to a service that bases itself on freedom of expression.
In order to uphold these values, we need to curb abuses that threaten our ability to provide this service and the freedom of expression it encourages. As a result, there are some boundaries on the type of content that can be hosted with Soitsfun!. The boundaries we have defined are those that both comply with active, healthy activities for people to enjoy social requirements and that serve to enhance the community as a whole.
Our content policies play an important role in maintaining a positive experience for you, the user. Please respect these guidelines. From time to time, we may change our content policies so please check here. Also, please note that when applying the policies below, we may make exceptions based on artistic, educational, documentary or scientific considerations or where there are other substantial benefits to the public from not taking action on the content.
We allow Websine content focused on social dance, recreation and the entities that facilitate community lifestyles. It is all about healthy respectfull enjoyment of our activities, events and spaces. Soitsfun! is exactly that - "Fun" and nothing more or less.
There are some exceptions to our content policy on personal pages:
- We have a zero tolerance policy towards content that exploits. Some examples of this include:
- Hate Speech: But, don't cross the line by publishing hate speech. By this, we mean content that promotes hate or violence towards individuals or groups based on race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status or sexual orientation/gender identity.
- Crude Content: Don't post content just to be shocking or graphic. There is enough of this in the world without individuals considering themselves new authorities on the subject.
- Violence: Don't threaten or intimidate other people on your blog. For example, don't post threats against another person or group of people and don't post content encouraging your readers to boycott or take violent action against another person or group of people. If you can not recommend then don't write about it.
- Copyright: It is our policy to respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement. Also, please don't provide links to sites where your readers can obtain unauthorised downloads of other people's content.
- Impersonating others: Please don't mislead or confuse readers by pretending to be someone else or pretending to represent an organisation when you don't.
- Illegal activities: Don't use Soitsfun! to engage in illegal activities or to promote dangerous and illegal activities.
Spam: Spam takes several forms in Soitsfun!, all of which can result in deletion of your account or blog. Some examples include creating blogs designed to drive traffic to your web site or to move it up in search listings, posting comments on other people's blogs just to promote your site or product and scraping existing content from other sources for the primary purpose of generating revenue or other personal gains.
Enforcement of Soitsfun!'s Content Policy
If you encounter a blog that you believe violates our content policies, please report it to us using the 'Report' link located at the top of each blog (Note: If the blog owner has hidden this link, you can still report the blog by filling out this form).
Our team reviews these flags for policy violations. If the blog does not violate our policies, we will not take any action against the blog or blog owner. If we find that a blog does violate our content policies, we take one or more of the following actions based on the severity of the violation:
- Put the blog behind an interstitial where only the blog author can access the content
- Delete the blog
- Disable the author's access to his/her Soitsfun! account